How do I adjust the LCD Alignment?
- Home Cinema projectors
- Adjusting the LCD Alignment
You can use the LCD or Panel Alignment feature to manually adjust the colour convergence of the projected image. The procedure below has been written to help obtain the best result, follow it without skipping any steps. It is important that the red colour adjustments are made before adjusting the blue. Only red and blue colour adjustments can be made, green is the colour reference and cannot be adjusted.
If you wish to adjust every intersection in the pattern, this can take up to 2 hours and 30 minutes so please ensure you have set aside enough time before starting.
Remember that you will be close to the screen and that your eye will see very small colour shifts, it is recommended that you make the final judgments at a distance about two times the width of the projected image or your recommended seating distance.
- Mount and setup the projector (see the Preparing section of your Users Guide). The LCD alignment needs to be completed in the same display setup (desktop/ceiling setting, lens shift position) as the projector will be used. Generally, best results will be obtained if:
- The lens is centred. Where possible avoid major offset of the lens.
- The keystone value is set to zero.
- The projection surface is not too coloured or textured.
- The image size is over 60 inches diagonally (152 cm).
- Allow the lamp to warm up for at least 15 minutes (30 minutes is preferable) and make sure the image is in focus before you begin the LCD Alignment process.
- Press the Menu button on the remote control. Select Extended from the main menu and then select LCD Alignment (or Panel Alignment for some models). The following is displayed on the screen:
- Set the Correct LCD Align setting to On.
- Set Select Color to R and Pattern Color to R/G to adjust the red colour convergence (the result of Red and Green = Yellow).
- Select Start Adjustments.
- Press the Enter button on the remote control when the confirmation screen appears. A yellow grid pattern is then displayed on the screen:
- Use the arrow buttons on the remote control to correct any visible colour shift surrounding the orange square the Correct LCD Align will be displayed. The H (Horizontal) and V (Vertical) values will change each time you press an arrow key. Shifting the Red line to the left or up produces a negative number and shifting the Red line to the right or down produces a positive number. The values can be adjusted from (-24) to 24 and this represents about a 4 pixel shift.
- When you've finished adjusting the highlighted corner, press the Enter button on the remote control to adjust the next corner. Repeat this process for each of the four corners.
- Once you've adjusted all four corners, press the Enter button on the remote control. The following screen is displayed:
- Press Enter and fine tune all intersections starting from the centre of the grid.
- Repeat steps 1 to 11 for the Blue colour (Select Color B and Pattern Color B/G). The colour grid will be Cyan.