Epson Product Cleaning Guide
Epson printer products are designed to be used in various environments. During normal operations, the products are subject to being interacted with and touched by people. In certain circumstances (e.g. COVID-19 response) it may be necessary to take additional measures to clean or disinfect the product. Epson is recommending the below listed procedure in addition to the normal cleaning procedures provided in the Epson technical reference or user guides to clean and disinfect the surfaces of Epson products as a temporary solution.
|For additional information on cleaning or disinfecting procedures please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and recommendations.
Recommended Cleaning method:
- Be sure to disconnect the power cord before cleaning
- Apply a small amount of approximate 70% Isopropyl Alcohol to a soft cloth (Do not use undiluted Isopropyl Alcohol)
- Gently wipe down the outer surface of the product
- Allow the product to dry before reconnecting the power cord
- Do not spray cleaners directly onto the product
- Do not use saturated, soaked or dripping wet material to clean the product
- Do not get liquid inside the unit Especially, be careful not to get liquid from the edge of scanner glass.
- Do not clean the product while it is turned on
- Do not use abrasive substances or abrasive cleaning materials (e.g. scouring pads, etc.) to clean the product